but yesterday was especially bad. Lilla's six month appointment was yesterday. Let me start by saying that I absolutely love her pediatrician. We arrived at 9:00 for her 9:15 appointment and were put in a room by 9:05. Hardly any wait time. Dr. Roberts believes in getting the well babies in and out so that they don't "catch" something at the doctor's office. We went through the usual routine of stripping down to the diaper, checking her weight and height, followed by answering the questions can she do this, are ya'll doing this, etc. Dr. Roberts comes in checks her over and then leaves. Lilla immediately started crying. It was almost like she knew what was coming next. She cried and cried and cried! Then the nurse came in to give her those dreaded shots and she screamed worse than ever. I don't know if it is because she is getting older or if it was because I skipped the tylenol prior to the vaccinations because she had been a little under the weather and I wanted her temp. to be accurate at the visit just in case they wanted to put the shots off. Any how I hold her, trying to comfort her, with no such luck before deciding that we needed to pack up and head out so they can use the room. I picked the carrier up placed it in the chair and fastened her in tightly. Then I turned around for a split second to pick up the diaper bag and my purse. I heard a crash and turned around to the carrier being face down on the floor. I grabbed it up and yank Lilla out of there and look her over. She was screaming but didn't appear to have any scrapes or bruises. I immediately turned the carrier back over on the floor to see exactly how it landed and realized there was no way that her head could have hit. Thoughts were racing through my head of every possible injurty that she could have encountered. I left there frazzled. My nerves were shot. I felt like the worse mother ever. How could I have let that happen? It wasn't long after we had been on the road that she finally stopped crying and started that sweet babbling. I was so relieved! I have learned my lesson the hard way. I will never ever leave the carrier sitting on anything other than the floor. I am so thankful that Lilla escaped with out any major injuries! I am so thankful for the side impact pieces on the peg perego carrier that kept her from landing on her face. And I am so thankful to have yesterday behind us! As for her stats, she weighs 14lbs 3 oz (still in the 25th percentile) and is 26 inches long(right at the 50th percentile).
I'm so glad she's okay Becca. That had to be so scary! She's so cute
ReplyDeleteOh, Becca! So sorry that it was a bad day. I have learned not to try to get groceries and Hudson out of the car at the same time. I swore that I tapped him in the head with jar of spaghetti sauce. I felt SO bad. He was fine 30 seconds later. i think we learn a lot with our first babies:) Love reading the blog, Lilla is so precious!
ReplyDeleteDo not feel bad..Simms and I were napping in mine and Dru's bed once, when I woke up to her on the floor crying, face first, and our bed is high! I just knew she was going to have some sort of brain injury (you know me.) Thank goodness for those carseats!
ReplyDelete