Monday, February 21, 2011

18

Sweet Lilla you are now 18 months old and you are such a joy. You bring so much laughter to our lives with your silly personality.  We haven't had your 18 month check up because you had your first ear infection and it was a double. I'm so glad that we have not had to experience that until now and hope that  we don't have to again any time soon. I will document your stats when we go back on thursday (if your appointment doesn't get canceled due to snow like they are predicting). You finally have the walking thing down pat. Your daddy and I thought you would never walk. You were every bit of 15 months going on 16 before you really took off. We were so proud of you and you were so proud of yourself. You are every bit girl and your momma loves it. You love jewelry, shoes, makeup, and purses. You try to walk around in our shoes and get so aggravated when they come off. When I am getting ready in the mornings you always throw your paci down and smack your lips meaning that you need a little gloss. If I have any jewelry on you want to wear it. You usually want my bracelet and watch first and then you hold out both of your little pointer fingers wanting me to put my rings on them. Not too long ago, I was getting one of them repaired and you were so upset that I didn't have two to give you. We are amazed at how smart you are and the little things that you pick up on. Your daddy and I have had a time getting you to sleep  through the night in your bed since we moved to the new house. We've tried everything. It all started when you got sick shortly after starting school and we let you sleep with us in our bed. You would much rather snuggle in between us than sleep alone. We have tried letting you cry, but you don't give up. After christmas, I put you in your bed and tucked you in with your new teddy bear and baby doll and of course you had suzy snuggled up close to your face and you did it. Slept for 12 hours straight. We felt so rested and then that dang ear infection and we are back to square one.

Picking up where I left off almost a month ago when I started this post. Shortly after your ear infection, you broke out in a terrible rash. I will spare you the pictures. Will you ever get well. Spring and summer cannot get here soon enough. You finally had your 18 month check up. You are 22lbs and 31 inches. I'm not sure what precentiles that puts you in because your daddy took you and he didn't ask. As far as talking goes, you don't say too much. Your favorite word is look. You say it at least one hundred times a day as you point to everything you see. Some others include mama, hot (especially when you don't want to eat something), what dat for what's that, woah, (you like to do ring around the rosie and throw yourself on the ground and say woah!!) and I guess that might be all that you say. One of your favorite things to do these days besides going outside is hiding. You hide in the laundry room, in the cabinets, and behind the curtains. You will stay hidden forever without making a peep and you think it is so funny.












4 comments:

  1. Lilla-you are so funny putting your suzys in your boots-we miss you cutie patootie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bec - She has already changed since we got together around Christmas!! She is sooo precious and I cannot wait to see the sweet girl again and your new house. I will call you later tonight and hopefully we can plan a get-together soon! You have such a precious family and I am so happy for you! Saw in Margaret's post, Dru wearing that Psychadellic shirt from our freshman year.....seems like just yesterday and ages ago at the same time....And now you have a close to 2 YO! Wild! I told Margaret the next time they come visit ya'll in Columbus that we all need to plan a cookout or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is just a doll...literally she looks like a baby doll. she is so darn cute and hopefully we will get to "play" this summer at the lake!!!

    ReplyDelete