On November 2 Grover celebrated his 30th birthday. I wanted to do something to big to celebrate so that he would always remember it. I tossed around the idea of having a surprise party. After Lilla was born that idea was put on the back burner so I planned a weekend get away for the two of us. It was something that we both could of used after all of the sleepless nights. I had always heard great things about Chicago but had never been before. It certainly was not a place that Grover would have picked but we both had the best time. The big city was a nice change of pace from McShan. Friday night we celebrated his birthday going out to dinner at a place called L20 in Lincoln Park. It was by far the finest dining that either of us had experienced. The food was amazing! After dinner the manager let us tour the kitchen which was unbelievable. On Saturday, we walked around town visiting all of the hot spots and doing a little bit of shopping on Michigan Avenue. We went to the American Girl store and bought Lilla her first baby doll. You would not believe the number of little girls there with the dolls. I can't wait to take Lilla for a girl's trip when she is older. For lunch we enjoyed the best pizza you can imagine at a pizza joint called Lou Malnati's Pizzeria and then headed to a little bar called the Houndstooth to watch the Alabama vs LSU game. We had a fabulous time and can't wait o go again.
Kids Rooms on the Brain
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment