Thursday, August 27, 2009

Happy Birthday!

On the morning of July 28, Grover and I left McShan bright and early to head to Tuscaloosa. We were so excited about finally meeting our little baby. I of course was a nervous wreck. At my last appointment the ultrasound showed that little Lilla had some how managed to turn herself in a breech position. My doctor had recommended that if she didn't turn on her own over the weekend that she would try to turn her. We arrived at the hospital a little before 6:00 and just before 8:00 Dr. Myers and another doctor came in to start the external cephalic version which did not work and resulted in an emergency c-section. I was terrified! It all happened really fast and at 8:49am Lillian Hunter Allgood was born weighing 6lbs, 4oz and 18 1/2 inches long. She was so tiny and had a head full of dark hair. The nurses took Lilla to the nursery and Grover decided to stay with me. They were all finished and in the process of moving me from the operating table back to my bed when I heard them announce, " we need an extra nurse to the OR for the husband." I couldn't help but laugh because this was not the first time he had passed out. After some smelling salts he came to and was just fine. This of course was not the way I had imagined welcoming our little girl into the world but it ended up being such a blessing because the cord was wrapped around her neck not once but twice which would have made for a dangerous delivery. God is good! Little Lilla was finally here, healthy and beautiful!

First family picture

Uncle Tay Tay

Aunt Tyler

Uncle Dru and Cousin Simms


Dr. Myers

Getting dressed to go home in the same gown that my daddy wore home from the hospital!

No comments:

Post a Comment